Sunday, January 8, 2012

Guest Post: E.L.F Essentials Lipstick Review


“This moisture rich formula hydrates conditions and softens on contact for silky smooth lips. Instantly beautiful, healthy-looking lips designed, formulated and tested by our professional team of makeup artists.” 

The description E.L.F provides is pretty much dead on! I am in love with the formulation of this lipsticks. They glide on smoothly and feel like butter on my lips, and at only $1 they are a definite steal. 

E.L.F offers a variety of 12 colors, 6 of which are new. I own two: Gypsy & Classy. Gypsy is a beautiful berry colored pink, while classy is more of a cool toned natural pink. I have bought Classy two times because I love it so much, it is one of those colors that looks like my natural lip color...BUT BETTER :)



You receive a total of 3.5 g of product and it comes in your average lipstick twist-up tube. The container is made of plastic but I have found that it is resistant and does not break easily. The color pay off is great and these lipsticks have just enough pigmentation. I would say the finish is comparable to MAC’s satin or creamsheen finishes.Throughout the day the formulation hydrates my lips and does not dry them, but I find that the product is not SUPER long lasting, although it does leave my lips stained with a bit of color. 

Overall, I am definitely impressed with the E.L.F lipsticks. :)
PACKAGING: 5 out of 5
FORMULATION: 4.5 out of 5
FINAL THOUGHT: 4 out of 5 

My final thought is based on the fact that the lipstick does not last a long time and because not all colors are readily available at Target, only online. 

Would I repurchase and do I recommend? Definitely!

GYPSY IS ON THE LEFT, CLASSY IS ON THE RIGHT :) 

Have you tried the E.L.F Lipsticks? What are your thoughts? 

MarlaMarla
Marla is just another girl in love with makeup & she wants to share it with the world. With her blog she has been able to share looks, life lessons, and most of all love.



1 comments:

LynnDanielleTreasure said...

Excellent stats provided. Going to try at least one of these colors before the end of the month. With 12 colors, there's plenty to select! :)

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by A Mommy's Blog Design (© Copyright 2012)